User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

PC (other)Fluorine: Double Suicide (Soundtrack) by flag Nyquist (Nikita Peplov)
Requested By: flagAccidental
Pouet Icon

Time Left: 4:07

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

General » Correct DB Info

Forums » General » Correct DB Info (399 posts)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Author Thread
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

381 Posts
#1923 (1 year, 6 months ago)
OK: these songs have been replaced with original MODs:
mod.ok3anos-karma(censored).mod
ok3an0s-adrift_in_space.mod
ok3an0s-dawn delusions.mod
ok3an0s-skymermaid-final.mod

... but not this one, because it was already a MOD here:
ok3an0s-downslope(uncut).mod
flagAccidental
Unplayed Requesterâ„¢

79 Posts
#1951 (1 year, 4 months ago)
Tech is game music. It is the theme of Tech: The Race Against the Targanoids. You can compare with this recording on YouTube.
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

381 Posts
#1956 (1 year, 3 months ago)
Netpoet has two songs called "Mint Moon", of different lengths: Mint Moon, Mint Moon. What is the story? Should they be distinguished in some way?
flagnyingen

318 Posts
#1957 (1 year, 3 months ago)
Mint Moon seems to cut off abruptly. The longer version fades out and seems more complete. The shorter version should have been rejected as a dupe when it was uploaded 8 years ago (vs 14 years for the longer version) but I guess it was missed. I've marked it as a dupe now.
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

381 Posts
#1959 (1 year, 3 months ago)
I Know (Acidline's House of Love Remix) is titled "I Know Acidline's House of Love Remix", and credited to "Hybrid".
This is actually a remix (with commercial samples) of the track "I Know" by the excellent British electronic-orchestral band Hybrid. Therefore:
1. Should "Hybrid" be the artist in this case? If we have a song by X, remixed by Y, Nectarine usually puts it under artist Y, even though a commercial release might call it "ABC (Y Remix)" by artist X.
2. If Acidline is the artist -- well, didn't he ask us to remove all his stuff, years ago?
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

381 Posts
#1960 (1 year, 3 months ago)
Another apparent miscategorisation is the "artist" called Out run: Out run
There are three unrequestable songs (two rejected and one duplicate). They come from the game Out Run but that isn't an artist name.
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#1961 (1 year, 3 months ago)
1. Not given the way we do things, correct.
2. Don't know if he is, and yes.

The song isn't rated very highly, and the artist Hybrid notes that they aren't demoscene related, so my inclination is to reject the song. I've done that and marked Hybrid as rejected so new songs cannot be attributed to them.

If another admin feels differently about the song itself (not the attributed artist) they can make changes.
flagSoDa7
All world of music is welcome

2 Posts
#1972 (1 year, 2 months ago)
Title of this song is "Groovy lemon." - Groovy Lemon
flagzoner
zoner / xylem

33 Posts
#1973 (1 year, 2 months ago)
Title of the song is actually "Lemon_Groovy", and AMP calls it just "Groovy". I'm not sure what to do any more. But, on Demozoo I find a link to the same mod but with different sample text and a different title. I will defer to the demozoo linked one and rename the song to "Groovy Lemon".
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

381 Posts
#1975 (1 year, 2 months ago)
OK, OK, finally got off my arse. This might be the rare case of somebody using two very similar artist names, but I am pretty sure it is not. Consider: flag Nik-O (Oleg Nikitin) ("Nik-O") and flag n1k-o (Oleg Nikitin) ("n1k-o"). These are both marked as aliases of flag nq (Oleg Nikitin) ("nq"). I'm tired of typing artist tags. Must anything be done? Do fucking keep me informed, won't you. (P.S. When I write so many tags, I'd love a preview button. Now I am going to hit Submit and hope that my message is readable. Feature request!)
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

381 Posts
#1976 (1 year, 2 months ago)
also please make email work again (i'm wearing a MEWA hat)
flagnyingen

318 Posts
#1977 (1 year, 2 months ago)
Email is working fine for me. I received email notification of all the recent posts in this thread.

Mirrorbird: what do you think we should do about the nq thing?
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

381 Posts
#1985 (1 year, 2 months ago)
I would love it if we just made them the same person, but it's possible that the artist re-spells his name to troll us every time. We do already have the ability to say "artist is same as another artist" -- anyway -- this isn't important, Demozoo did it all ahead of us.
flagAtomicReindeer

45 Posts
#1992 (1 year, 1 month ago)
https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=2647 and https://demozoo.org/music/210802/ have Massive Killing Capacity as title.
Massive Killing Capacity currently says Massive Killing Capasity. The "s" in Capasity must be a typo, not an artistic license.
flagnyingen

318 Posts
#1993 (1 year, 1 month ago)
Good catch, thank you! Fixed now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.