MIDIFull Contact by flag Allister Brimble
Requested By: djrandom
In Compilations: Compilation Sounds Digital

Time Left: 5:54

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

Off-topic » Youthful academic blunders, gaffes, and foibles

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagnyingen

320 Posts
#830 (4 years, 8 months ago)
Once upon a time in 10th grade (so, I was 16 years old) I was writing a timed essay exam about 20th century European history. I was running out of time and writing very fast, and in my haste I accidentally wrote "John Lenin" when I meant to write "Vladimir Lenin". I wasn't even a Beatles fan so I dunno where that came from. When I got the essay back with marking, my teacher had underlined it and written "EEEEEEEK!" in red pen in the margin.

Post your own story of something silly you did in your school work!
flagmirrorbird
symptomless coma

383 Posts
#943 (4 years, 4 months ago)
John Lenin? I bet you didn't get very good Marx.

So: in junior school, my maths workbook came back with a note from the teacher saying "you need help". This angered me and I appended "so do you" in pencil. The teacher wrote over it in pen so I couldn't erase it, and made me go and see the headteacher (who secretly thought it was funny, I bet).

Also: a friend of mine told me that he was once told to write a story about a giant. His story contained the sentence "HELLO, said the giant", and the letters H E L L O each took up a whole page. He wasn't trolling with this but just thought it was appropriate.
flagvelusip
All I ever wanted was some Sunshine.

89 Posts
#1072 (4 years, 2 months ago)
I was excited about an English class assignment to make a magazine on a topic of choice (complete with stories, advertisements, and a real interview) since, coincidentally, I had already been producing a silly little "zine" among friends. I went big on the issue. The magazine was named "Trackers Paradise" --- and as you can guess, it was very scenerelevant. I asked the teacher if it would be okay to have several e-mail interviews instead since I didn't know any tracker artists AFK. She understood and let me conduct them online. I wrote up a standard set of interview questions and e-mailed it to my favourite sceners. I got a bunch of responses, which was very exciting at the time. Only one person refused to be featured (it was Lluvia, lol), but she responded with a very nice e-mail with pictures of her backyard. Super cute!

So about that blunder. The magazine was over 20 pages, double sided, full colour, relevant advertisements for computers, software, and sound equipment, awesome interview answers with origin stories and opinions about sample ripping, etc, all arduously assembled using an old version of Sierra Print Shop Pro. Entirely with Print Shop Pro. No spell check.

I nearly failed. I was rushing to get it all done in time, completely forgot to check anything. It was full of typos and awful spelling errors. That blessed teacher went through every page. Red penned AF. Even still, I wish I kept that thing.
Pages: 1

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.