User Profile For koitsu
Mountain View, CA, USA
Du kan dricka!
Member Since: March 13, 2010
0 Uploads, 348 Votes, Spoken 0 Times.
Last Login: January 7, 2014
Send A Message | View koitsu's Favourites List.
koitsu's Ultimate Song: Edge of Disgrace by Dane (Stellan Andersson)
An awkward culturally-aware 30-something male hailing from Oregon but residing in northern California.
* UNIX system administrator by profession, but with extensive experience with networking and ATA (think SATA) as well.
* Originally introduced to the PC and Amiga demo scene in 1990. First home computer was an Apple IIGS (1987-1994) before upgrading to a 486.
* Member/co-founder of the IIGS demo group Digital Exodus back in the '90s.
* Fluent in numerous programming and scripting languages (e.g. 65xxx assembly, PIC, C, perl, PHP), and is a strong advocate of KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid!). Still remembers bits and pieces of x86 (8088 to 80486) but would prefer not to. Hates 68K.
* Partook in numerous open-source projects, primarily FreeBSD and Linux. I also like hardware monitoring.
* Known to read or speak too many languages: 中文, 日本語, 한국어, and Svenska). Only went to school for 中文. Native tongue: English.
* Doesn't own/drive a car (bicycle FTW!), and doesn't watch TV.
* Spells and pronounces some things British due to family upbringing and schooling -- but with an American accent.
* Absolutely loves chiptunes of all sorts and kinds, regardless of platform.
* Alf chip, colour cycling, chicken, and dancing. What more could one ask for?
* Blog: http://koitsu.wordpress.com/