User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

AMIGA-AHXStormlord by flag Pink (Manfred Linzner)
Requested By: flagHaCKa
Pouet Icon

Time Left: 5:42

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

General » Nectarine musicdisk (A500)

Pages: 1 2
Author Thread
flagNosferatu
What is your function in life?

10 Posts
#784 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Hi all, I'm planning a musicdisk on the Nectarine label. It will be for Amiga 500 and feature mods made with Pretracker: http://www.abyss-online.de/static/download/aYS_PreTracker_1_00.zip. If you don't know it already, this is a new tracker made by Pink/Abyss, somewhat based on AHX, and released earlier this year. You run it on Windows, and then the music runs on Amiga. So no need to mess with emulators or old hw.

I've been speaking to some musicians, and there seems to be enough interest, so the project will go forward. Code will be done by me, and Prowler has agreed to do the graphics. Music will be done by our dear local talent (that's YOU!), and maybe one or two guest stars. Since Pretracker mods are quite small, we can fit in a good number of tunes if necessary.

I know lots of people are busy during summer, so the deadline for tunes will be set to SEPTEMBER 30th, 2 months from now (and even after my vacation). That should be plenty of time for everyone I hope...Then release date shortly after that. More details to be determined as we go along...

So if you want to make a tune (or 3) for this, please reply below here, send me a PM, or just send the tune if you prefer to let your music do the talking.

Cheers
Nosferatu
flagserpent

55 Posts
#789 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Heya Nos,

can you make a dropbox folder of this so everyone interested (and who was dropbox account, get it then if not) can send their email to you in PM for invitation, so we could exchange instruments etc with ease?
flagNosferatu

10 Posts
#790 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Yep, it's done, and I sent you a link. Everyone else who's interested, PM me your email and I'll share it. Again, there is no obligation, maybe you just want to see others' work and perhaps get inspired?

Coding is moving forward, maybe this weekend I'll have a proper prototype to send to Prowler so we can get some proper graphics.
flagShinobi
heimorgelspieler

16 Posts
#794 (4 years, 9 months ago)
Thanks for sharing!

I've been trying to get a grasp of Pretracker the last few days and I'm starting to like it
flagserpent

55 Posts
#854 (4 years, 7 months ago)
Ok a tune (1) will be ready by the deadline

How are other's going? I know some people already handed tune(s).
flagyoruq
shyce :alien:

10 Posts
#855 (4 years, 7 months ago)
täh
flagMystra

73 Posts
#857 (4 years, 7 months ago)
I'll also have one tune ready.
flagyoruq

10 Posts
#859 (4 years, 7 months ago)
@nosfe, please check the file dates before adding them to the musicdisk xD because i updated them many times. But no further updates now, its all done.
@mystra, cool
flagNosferatu

10 Posts
#860 (4 years, 7 months ago)
I was thinking we could have a (self) quality assurance round where everyone makes sure their tunes are OK in the final product, seeing as it's a new tracker and there might still be bugs in the replay... As was the case in Preschool #2

I'm on vacation now, but getting back on Monday and I'll pick up the coding again. Prowler is a bit busy and the graphics are not ready yet, so we'll release "When it's done"

BTW I invited Pink to contribute a tune as guest of honor, but he didn't have the time. He's happy that we're using his software though!
flagyoruq

10 Posts
#864 (4 years, 7 months ago)
oki, maybe in future projects Pink will be on board i thought the same thing with the replay because of 2 different systems etc
flagShinobi
heimorgelspieler

16 Posts
#865 (4 years, 7 months ago)
Gonna have one song finished til deadline

I started another one, but not sure how that will turn out.
flagNosferatu

10 Posts
#880 (4 years, 7 months ago)
A first testversion is available in the shared folder. Requires A500 with 1MB mem for now. There are still a lot of bugs and no proper graphics, but you should be able to listen to all the tunes at least. Let me know if something sounds off. And I have to say, all the tunes sound very nice to my ears!
flagyoruq

10 Posts
#881 (4 years, 7 months ago)
i have tested it on winfellow. the music seems to be oki
looking forward, nice work

flagserpent

55 Posts
#882 (4 years, 7 months ago)
Tested with WinUAE, own tune at least sounds as good or bad as it should, nice precalc effect/idea
flagTriton

3 Posts
#883 (4 years, 7 months ago)
Great work so far! Even the placeholders looks pretty cool

What I noticed:
In my song the snare seems to be missing the punch in some cases in the second part.
Pages: 1 2

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.