User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

AMIGA-MODLithium by flag DeLorean (Sakari Hannula)
Requested By: djrandom

Time Left: 7:31

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

General » Nectarine Stickers and Other Goodies

Pages: 1 2 3
Author Thread
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#560 (4 years, 10 months ago)
@MagikGimp
Red has been used in our logo before, and nectarines (or peaches too) can definitely be red on the outside and parts of the inside. However I do admit the real fruits are more likely to be speckled so the red may not appear as strong. The color I chose was carefully picked. The size of the radio is because it was intended to be put on a window, and not on the back of a laptop, side of a filing cabinet, or other similar location.

I am not a masterful designer, though there is such a person thinking on another option. It just won't be available very soon. I went with simple and clean which does not necessarily suit everyone's tastes as seen above. This is why I offered the fourth option in the first question to gauge interest in something else. However if I offered many more choices it would be harder to determine not just interest but which to make that would satisfy the most individuals. It is impossible to make everyone equally happy.

If in the end you're unhappy with the options even after next month, places like StickerMule (which does have a European printing location) offer the ability to get a sample of 10 stickers for about $10 (the radios were actually $11) in the same quality as a their regular sticker order. It's how I got the above. I just figured most do not have the time and inclination to go about getting a design and having their own stickers printed up.
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#561 (4 years, 10 months ago)
Hello again everyone.

I plan to leave the voting up for another week, though it'll still work after that, before I start finalizing the radio (removing the 'https://' and rounding the corners) and send the most popular designs to print. If you voted for an unpopular combination, such as the radio as a sticker, I have a limited amount available exactly as in the images. I'll be happy to give you one if you specifically request it when I open up the ability to place an oder.

I am listening to everyone's feedback from these posts or the oneliner and incorporating it when possible, but rest assured there may be at least one more item in the future made available for those who weren't interested in the initial options. Stay tuned!

Thank you.
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#563 (4 years, 10 months ago)
Quick question if anyone sees this: would you prefer the window clings (if you voted for that or would get one if offered in addition to the option you voted for) to have a white background, as in the photo, or a transparent background?

Nevermind. I ordered a "sample" from the place that does transparent ones. I'll see what I think when I get it.
flagMagikGimp

16 Posts
#564 (4 years, 10 months ago)
@Starchaser I know what you mean about red--you only have to do an image search and yeah, red-- but orange has been the predominant site design colour since year dot. I guess if the samples are that pricey you don't want to change things now though I'm surprised nobody else mentioned it before me. I think the radio would be better as a window cling (it's just more practical reattaching one so large should something go wrong!) and clings have to be transparent, right?
P.S. Also, why doesn't the quote button work?
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#565 (4 years, 10 months ago)
I'm not sure on the quote button.

I found on the cling most places offered it only with a white background. However I found a place that'll let me order a very small amount and with a transparent background. So I'm going to see what it looks like and post a photo when I get it.

--
2019-05-25

The cling samples which are arriving middle of this coming week. If I'm happy with the results then I'll set up a way to order these things. Hopefully we won't exceed the amounts I have on hand, otherwise some will have to wait for the final orders with the proper quantities.

I'm currently going to use PayPal for taking orders, as it's the easiest for me to set up. You should be able to place an order without needing a PayPal account. If you have objections, let me know. It will take a bit longer but I may be able to offer an alternative. All options will require some sort of debit/credit card, as I have no feasible way of doing a bank transfer.
flagsebonpsp

5 Posts
#585 (4 years, 10 months ago)
If anyone is interested, I redid the aforementioned design in inkscape:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KxEkkKIEryqsKK1t9zhMTI9-_3apx4mD/view?usp=sharing

Not perfect but good enough to print on mugs
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#586 (4 years, 10 months ago)
Yeah it's not quite the same, but if flagsilencer thinks it's close enough we could try making something with that. I'll send you a PM. Thank you!
flagsilencer

5 Posts
#587 (4 years, 10 months ago)
That's amazing sebonpsp, thank you! I once tried to redraw it and failed miserably. I would definitely print it on a mug!
flagMagikGimp

16 Posts
#588 (4 years, 10 months ago)
Nice work seb.
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#592 (4 years, 10 months ago)
Well, unfortunately for you all, I don't want to become a Zazzle-equivalent store for various reasons... but there are print on demand services so feel free. I'm not the arbiter of swag. Just trying to organize something that might not have otherwise happened or would only on a print-at-home scale.

The sample clings have arrived, and they seem to work well though I'm glad I didn't order too many. As you'll see below I need to work with them to fix the color. It's close to the color I specified when not applied to the window, but after application it's not. I don't have tinted windows as far as I'm aware (standard windows for my model).

It's OK if you'd like to wait for me to fix the coloring. I am also thinking of making the cling a bit bigger, but you all will have to tell me if that's a good idea or not. If you're impatient or don't mind the color yellow (it may be slightly different on your windows), I can set up and open ordering for the existing two sticker designs and the cling. Let me know!
flagsebonpsp

5 Posts
#593 (4 years, 10 months ago)
Thanks guys, you can reload it for a better version. I eyeballed it the first time, this time I layered it on top of the photo. It's really close.
I think I'll order me some stickers. I don't know what everyone is using but stickermule is really good, if a bit expensive.
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#595 (4 years, 10 months ago)
@sebonpsp
StickerMule has always done me right. I can have them printed up if you want me to handle the logistics of things / sending them around the world to those who ask. Otherwise you can do it if you really want. StickerMule does have a 10 for $10 (well, stateside at least) if you wanted to try out the design first.
flagsilencer

5 Posts
#607 (4 years, 10 months ago)
@sebonpsp the updated version looks so much better! It's amazing! Thank you so much!
flagMagikGimp

16 Posts
#608 (4 years, 10 months ago)
I actually quite like the yellow and while it's not the correct colour it's more noticeable in low light I should imagine. The problem is the size but of course once it's bigger it'll be difficult to peel and stick. I was certainly expecting it to be larger and this size also brings up the problem that you can't read the website URL- the whole point of the thing. Can you widen the address (increase font size not stretch) to fill the full width of the radio?
flagStarchaser
Laser cutter enthusiast

119 Posts
#609 (4 years, 10 months ago)
@MagikGimp
I'll be offering these prototypes when the ordering goes up so you can still get one, but I won't order any more at that size or color (quite likely). The ones in my image aren't actually yellow. It's just that my slightly tinted rear window (at least that I can tell) filters out a bit of the reddish dots from the printing, turning it yellow. It's actually an orangey-yellow from the default site theme. I don't think the larger ones will be harder to stick, though same as before you'll want something like an ID or credit card to help keep it smooth as you lay it onto the glass. I'll be sending a link to care instructions from the printer with each order.

Honestly there's not going to be a way at any reasonable size that the URL will be readable while moving along behind a vehicle in traffic. I'm not going to attempt as much either, as getting close enough could be a distraction for people who do try to read it. However if you pass the car in a parking lot then it's certainly big enough to read. It's like "bumper" stickers: many have smaller text that's not readable in traffic, and it's not advised to try.

--

For everyone else, I hope to get the updated cling colors by this coming weekend (or worst case week after), and I'll post them when I get them. If I get one that I or you guys like, I'll move ahead with opening ordering. My current plan is to offer several bundles offering one or more items at a total cost, including shipping, of no more than $3 or €4, depending on which currency you prefer to pay in. There'll be a way to add more items to a bundle if desired.
Pages: 1 2 3

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.