User Menu

Notification settings

Currently Playing

AMIGA-MODDanger Man by flag Doctor QE (James Potter)
Requested By: flagAccidental
Icon Icon

Time Left: 5:13

- Streams

Important Links

Discord Chat
Matrix Chat (bridged to Discord)

Please report any bugs to this forum thread!
> Bug Reporting Thread <
Song, artist, etc. corrections go here instead:
> Correct DB Info <
Broken tunes can be reported here:
> Report Broken Tunes Here <

Nectarine

General » New IRC channel

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagnyingen

318 Posts
#1075 (4 years, 1 month ago)
There's an old IRC channel for Nectarine, #nectarine on EsperNET, only used by a handful of people. But none of the current staff have ops on it, so I established a new channel, #necta, also on Espernet.

FAQ

Q: No one uses IRC anymore, so why should I care?

A: Actually, some of us do. It's still a nice low-bandwidth, free communications medium. But no one's forcing you to use it. If you don't care about IRC, just ignore it. But someone came into the old channel and impersonated a popular Nectarine user recently, and we couldn't kick him out, so it's time for a new channel.

Q: Why EsperNET?

A: Why not? The old channel is already on there, and I'm guessing people would rather not add new server-connection lines to their .irssi or whatever. Also, it has chanserv and nickserv. Freenode may be cooler but their policies are much more restrictive.

Q: Why are you doing this? Is the Nectarine server going to explode again?

A: I don't expect a huge earthquake to happen and my running water and electricity to be disrupted for days, but I still store water and food in the garage just in case.

Q: What if people keep using the old channel?

A: Sure, do whatever you want. But in the event of a prolonged outage or whatever, I will be in #necta along with (hopefully) other Necta staff.

Q: You should create it on some other server!

A: Sure, I'm open to ideas. Post here and let's talk.
Pages: 1

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.